Town of Grant, AL
Grant is fortunate to have three medical doctors in two clinics, a dentist, a chiropractor, and a veterinary clinic. The veterinarian is the only wild animal specialist in Northeast Alabama. Other major medical centers are located a short distance from Grant in cities such as Guntersville, Scottsboro, and Huntsville. Grant also has an active EMS Team.
Grant is home to the Kate Duncan Smith Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) School started in 1924. It is part of the Marshall County School system and offers kindergarten through grade 12.
Services & Recreration
- Grant Chamber of Commerce
- Grant Public Library
- Grant City Park
- Grant Recreation Center
- Olympic size Swimming Pool
- Senior Citizen Center
- Cathedral Caverns State Park
904 Rose Road
Gas:Marshall County Gas District
1243 Gunter Avenue
Power:North Alabama Electric Coop
41103 US Highway 72
Telephone:New Hope Telephone Cooperative
P.O. Box 452
New Hope, AL
Water:North Marshall Utilities
4141 Cathedral Caverns Highway
P.O. Box 459
Garbage:Allied Waste Services
Grant Tax Information:
Sales Tax - 8%
Property Tax - 42.5 mills (city)/ 32.5 mills (county)
Grant offers 4 convenience stores/gas stations, 5 restaurants, 2 banks & 4 ATM's in Town, a full line grocery store, pharmacy, hardware store, building supplies, museum, tours, and historic buildings.
- Centrally located between Huntsville, Guntersville and Scottsboro.
- Easy commute to Huntsville
- Easy access to Lake Guntersville
- Rural, yet progressive community
- Climate is conducive to year round activities
- Population 665
- Elevation 1310
- Grant has all the necessities, and so much more...